The Museum of Yugoslav History was founded in 1996 as a successor to the Memorial Centre “Josip Broz Tito” and the Museum of the Revolution. It has a collection of more than 200 000 items that illustrate Yugoslav history throughout 20th century, where there are especially stressed life and work of the former Yugoslav President Tito. The three parts of Museum of Yugoslav History are: The May 25 Museum, The House of Flowers and The Old Museum.
The May 25 Museum was present to Tito, from The City of Belgrade, on the president’s seventieth birthday. It was officially opened on May 25, 1962. There is exhibited collection of more than 200 000 items that illustrate Yugoslav history throughout 20th century.
House of Flowers is the resting place of Marshal Josip Broz Tito (1892–1980), the Communist President of Yugoslavia, and his wife Jovanka Broz (1924–2013). For almost a decade after the breakup of the Yugoslavia the entire complex (the tomb and the memorial museum) was closed to the public and the military honor guard were permanently removed. However, today the site is open again to tourists and to people who wish to pay their respects.
This is the most visited museum in Serbia.
Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours